by: Chris Miller - 16th June 2009

• 5Nightlife
  • 1Terrain Park
  • Value
Great Nightlife
Poor snow, not great skiing, bored quickly

Full review

My wife and I visited Arinsal in January 2007. I choose Arinsal because this was my wifes first ski holiday so I wanted to take her to a trusted beginners resort with a good ski school. My wife wasn’t disappointed with the ski school. The tutor was a young local woman who was extremely friendly and was a great skier who could speak excellent English. As a beginner, she really enjoyed the resort, the ski school was great and she was skiing all the runs in 2 days. For an Intermediate or advance skier, you are going to get bored very quickly. In the first day, I skied all the runs in Arinsal so decided to adventure over to Pal on the second day. Only 50% of the runs were open but the runs were lot more challenging but still pretty tame. Also, the slopes were deserted compared to Arinsal so you can relax and ski without the worry of getting wiped out by a beginner (which happened more than once in Arinsal) The night life was great (but expensive). We normally finished skiing around 5pm and went straight off the gonadial to the bars. You also have many restaurants to choose from with a great selection of food. Summary: For a beginner or a group holiday, I would recommend it but if you’ve been skiing before, I would avoid it. I struggled to get out of bed in the morning and motivate myself because of the lack of Intermediate/Advance runs. the snow was poor for this time of the year with many runs closed.

UK