Mountain High Review

• Terrain Park 5
  • Nightlife 0

Date Visited: 21 Mar 2008

Full review

The lady that posted on February 11th, 2008, should have taken her kids skiing if she was going to mountain high... mt high is a skii and snowboarding resort that restricts snow play so that the snow can stay in tact for the riders. Mt high also cannot control the national park, those people parked on the side of the road have those adventure passes that allows them to just stop and explore the mountain. Being the closest and easiest mountain to get to for the LA area, it usually gets crowded with them around Jan 1st - Feb 20th. My suggestion, is just to avoid the weekends, and go to mt high on a weekday. Trust me, the expirence is ALOT different.

When I first started going there, I started out with friends, and we purchased the six pack. Which was a good deal, but... i had never ridden before, so the experience wasn't so great. So I purchased their "3-peat to success package" which was an awesome package, and I would recommend it to any beginner. It included lift tickets, rentals, and a 2hour lesson, for every day(for three days), then you would get an 8-hour lift ticket for the fourth. VERY GOOD DEAL. And I must say, the lessons really help out alot. Within my third visit, I was already hitting up the blue square runs, and now, about a month after, I can carve the black diamonds with ease. If you do end up taking a lesson there, I suggest requesting Bruce. Bruce is the best! took him for 2/3 lessons, and he really helps push you into succeeding (I think its because hes soo energetic for being 70yrs old, -_(O.o)_- ). If your starting out, get the 3peat pkg, it literally does turn you into an all mountain enthusiast.

Overall, mthigh is a really good ski/snowboard resort for being soo close to the LA area. Ive been too the Big Bear resorts as well, and trust me, the easier drive to mthigh is worth coming to. But I suggest to avoid the crowded weekends, and come out on a weekday for a limited wait in lift lines. And BTW, I dont consider Mammoth being in Southern California, so I wont compare it to mthigh, but as far as the local LA area ski resorts, mthigh is by far the better one. Hope this review helps.

UK