Too far for poor facilities

by: drkriley - 21 Dec 2010

• Overall Rating 2
  • Family Friendly 1
  • All Mtn. Terrain 4
  • Terrain Park 0
  • Nightlife 1

Pros: Great snow

Cons: Not ready to be a major destination

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: 1 Dec 2010

Full review

This place was the latest place on my agenda of going to all CA resorts, and my worst experience due to their lack of being ready for action. A poorly maintained and placed parking lot required a half mile hike to the ticket office, even when I got there early. The buildings were past being "old-school" being spread out and having no ready pathways between. Restrooms were antiquated and poorly maintained. The resort was not ready to roll even one lift by 10:30 AM, and did not get any more going by the time I had taken 3 runs. The lifts are old and slow looking (only one was working, but the others were all the same type.) Truly there had been a great storm before and during the time I came, but a major resort would have been ready for that. I know they are new owners, and could excuse their lack of preparation on that account. They are going to have to sink a lot of $$$$$ to upgrade this place to bring me back here. Terrain may be great, but little was available. A horrendously long drive for only three runs made the trip a disaster...at least I had a free pass...

UK