I HAVE RETURNED!!

• Family Friendly 4
  • All Mtn. Terrain 5
  • Terrain Park 0
  • Nightlife 4

Pros: too many to list

Cons: very few

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly, Empty Nesters

Date Visited: 1 Mar 2008

Full review

After a long hiatus from steamboat I was surprised on how things have changed yet remain the same. The small town feel without the faux big $$$ show. Steamboat holds a special place amongest the big resort boys. All the skiing without the crowds. Even the weekends seem to be a little to far for the Denver crowd. We were able to find terrian that suited us on a daily basis.The off piste was great but did not scare the pants off our less experienced skiiers.We were always able to find our way back to the groomers when the legs said enough! My suggestions would be to keep your eyes open when going into the lift loading areas.The maze starts way back from where you ski in and do not step over the rope as the lift op from hell will all but shoot you.I had this happen with nobody in the lift line. I mean zero people and I was sent to the back of the line although there was no line.Petty!! Everthing else was top notch,great apres ski at ski times square. The lesson here was be nice and you get nice back.Want to be the ugly tourist??Go ski lake Tahoe.

UK