Situated at only 4 km from Megève and 30 km from Chamonix, Combloux resort is a charming village overlooking Mont Blanc which has a large ski area particularly well adapted to the needs of families.
Combloux, the Pearl of Mont Blanc, is a typical mountain village right in the heart of the Alps. Very easily accessible by car, the village is respectful of its traditional architecture: chalets and farmhouses made completely from wood, just as it has been for centuries. The views are outstanding with exceptional 360 ° views of the Mont-Blanc, Fiz, Aiguilles Rouges and the Aravis.
Ski-wise, Combloux is a particularly pleasurable resort to visit because of its magnificent views of Mont Blanc. The resort itself regroups two separate ski areas ready to be tested out:
- The ski area "Portes du Mont-Blanc" which regroups the skiing of Combloux, Le Jaillet, the Giettaz and Cordon (100 km of ski runs from 1100 to 1930m)
- The ski area "Evasion Mont Blanc” which regroups the skiing of Combloux, Megève, St Gervais, Les Contamines, St Nicolas and the Giettaz of Véroce (445 km of slopes)
The new generation of winter sports enthusiasts there is a Boarder Cross which is open to all. There is also a snow park in Giettaz (to the left of the Tetra ski lift) which has recently undergone significant improvements.
For cross-country skiing, the resort of Combloux has 2 loops (green and blue) 5.5km long, overlooking Mt Blanc. The Nordic area is also popular with those who like to stroll and relax for an hour or two. Snow is guaranteed until around 20th March. It's worth noting that access to the Nordic skiing area of Combloux is free for all.
Combloux doesn't leave out the non-skiers and has a wide of activities on offer including:
- Walks / hikes or snowshoeing
- Two luge tracks (In Cry and in Cuchet, overlooking Mont-Blanc)
- Ice skating and curling at the Sports and Convention centre in Megève
- Horse drawn carriage rides in the village with a stop at a farm for a taste of some local produce
- Dog Sled rides
- Sauna, steam room, spa, massages and body treatments in the health spa " Éveil des Sens (Awakening of the Senses)"
For the little ones, the resort of Combloux put has several different day-care options:
- For children who are aged between 3 months and 4 years: the nursery "Les Galopins" (situated in the centre of the village, next to the church) and the Crêche "Les Loupiots" (situated on the ski slopes in La Cry)
- For children aged from 3 to 5: the snow garden "Club Piwi Piwi-" and its professional team are dedicated to the first experiences on snow.
- Activities specifically tailored to smaller children (skijoring with ponies, board game rental, snowshoeing for kids...)