With 310 km of ski runs and 6 linked ski resorts, the ski area of Les Sybelles is the biggest in the Maurienne and the fourth largest in France.
The thing that we love about Les Sybelles is the little differences, traditionally authentic and therefore somewhat timeless, the four ski resorts (Saint-Sorlin d'Arves Saint Jean d'Arves, Les Bottières and Saint-Colomban-des Villards) and two hotel residences (Le Corbier and La Toussuire) that make up the ski area are blended together brilliantly.
This resort is all about one thing, low cost, great value skiing: Les Sybelles does not worry about the online shopping boom because its prices are 20% less expensive than similar resorts in France.
The ski area of Les Sybelles also allows beginner skiiers to access and learn right at the top of the ski area. This is due to the resort’s geography with high mountain pastures being the perfect learning zone. The great thing about Les Sybelles is that beginners can say goodbye to the annoying inconvenience of learning on the lower slopes (size, monotony, shade) and really enjoy the great outdoors! With the Ouillon Mountain range having the highest alpine pastures in Europe, the slopes are gentle and beginners can learn while enjoying the 360 degree panorama of the valley and a record amount of sunny days in the region.
Les Sybelles key facts:
- 37 000 tourist beds spread throughout the ski area
- 310 km of mapped ski runs for all levels stretch from 1100 to 2620m altitude
- 4th largest ski area in France
- The first ski area in the Maurienne
- 6 ski resorts, three mountain villages
- 108 ski runs (21 green, 44 blue, 37 red, 5 black)
- 83 ski lifts of which 26 are chair lifts and 54 drag lifts
- 293 snow guns
- 2 snow parks (Le Corbier and La Toussuire).