Great terrain + best value out there!

by: calebcabral - 14 Feb 2011

• Overall Rating 5
  • Family Friendly 5
  • All-Mtn. Terrain 5
  • Terrain Park 4
  • Nightlife 3

Pros: variety, quality trails, great snow, very reasonable price!

Cons: a little further away, main lift perfectly adequate but could be faster

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly, Empty Nesters

Date Visited: 1 Feb 2011

Full review

Great skiing - Saddleback is definitely one of my favorites! I was very satisfied with the variety and quality of terrain available. The beginner, intermediate, and advanced/expert trails are separated nicely and provide each skill level with plenty of options. I was very impressed with Casablanca and the steeps, but just as happy to lazily cruise down America>Red Devil and soak in the amazing views! I also noticed that the snow was very good > excellent on most trails (the lower Mt beginner trails of course were scraped off a bit by the end of both days).

I encountered zero to minimal lines throughout two weekend days in mid-February (high season, normal temps, full parking lots), the Lodge was great (not too bad during the lunch rush at all, friendly people & lots of families), and the Pub had some solid beer on tap!

The price is what really impressed me - $50 for a weekend day when the other big guys will cost me $80! I'll definitely be back again!

UK