The 2010 holidays are almost here. So, here are OnTheSnow's unbiased choices of cool gift ideas for the skier or snowboarder in your life. It's time to go shopping. All of these gifts are but a click away.
1. If slamming our noggin wasn't so easy, we wouldn't wear helmets. However, we all know that slaying the terrain park full throttle this winter, comes with the need for protection. Give the gift of a stylish and affordable Green Smith Holt Park Helmet and Scope Graphic neon green Horrorgami goggles to match. Everyone will notice when you rock your first McTwist. Helmet MSRP $60.00/ Goggle MSRP $65.00.
2. Your family and friends don't believe you actually landed that McTwist,so give a gift that will prove it. Attach the Contour 1080 Wearable Camera and catch it all in full HD. You won't believe the crystal clear images or the sleek design. No need to look like a Teletubby with something sprouting from the top of your head. Just mount this compact camera to the side of your helmet with Contour's simple rotating flat mount and you are all set to prove to the world how awesome you really are. MSRP $ 330.00
3. Do you hate getting gifted with poles that you have to have cut to size? Check out the super cool Leki Rodeo Vario Speedlock Poles. These are adjustable from 36 to 54 inches. Leki's renowned technology is not compromised with this "in your face" model. Just as light, just as tough, and so much more versatile. Even your littlest grom can have a try at them. MSRP $169.95
4. Speaking of your little ones, you have to check out Breckenridge Hat Company's line of crazy hats and mittens. These are so cute that you might just want your own set and, luckily for you, they come in adult sizes as well. You can be anything from a pig to a frog all while keeping your fingers and ears fashionably warm. We especially love the monkey. MSRP $ 26.99
5. Do you want skis that look almost as good as the skier you love? Do you want thoseskis to help make a statement? Or, just want skis that shred the powder the crud and the groomers? Nordica's newest lineup of freeride skis offers sick graphics with sweet performance. No reason to choose between style and innovative technology, just be certain you can hang with these skis or they may outshine you. Ladies, the Nemesis will keep the boys at bay as you charge the mountain on these babies. The Nemesis, with true camber underfoot and in the tail, are crazy versatile and super stable. MSRP $889.00
6. True powder junkies want their gear in tip-top shape, but they may not have the funds for pricey shop tunes. But, consider a gift that allows your favorite skier or rider to wax and file his or her own quiver of boards at home. Trust us, anyone would be super stoked to find Swix's newest racing digital iron under the tree. Swix has plenty of gift ideas and you certainly won't go wrong with the Alpine Sport kIt. Everything you need to get started. MSRP $34.95 (kit).
7. Give the gift of excitement off the hill. Grab some pizza and pop in TGR's newest flicks Deeper and Light The Wick. Snowboarder's jaws will drop as they follow Jeremy Jones around the world on an epic adventure as he rips some of the gnarliest terrain on the planet. Insane footage combined with a heart-pounding soundtrack makes Deeper unforgettable. Similarly, Skier's will revel in the adrenaline packed ski flick Light The Wick. If this doesn't inspire getting out there and stepping up your game, nothing will. Both would be a sweet stocking stuffer. MSRP $27.95
8. Here's a pricey, but neat, gift for the gear head in your life. The Suunto Core Extreme Edition Everest Watch will blow his or her mind. Other than turning you into pro skier Tanner Hall, this watch can just about do everything. This unassuming timepiece can log vert as the runs are racked up, as well as keep track of temperature and incoming storms. With an Altimeter, Barometer, compass, depth meter, and several other functions this watch is the outdoor adventurer's dream gift. MSRP $ 429.00
9. If you have children who love outdoor adventure sports but can't decide on a gift, we discovered a children's outdoor Web site to help you out with great deals on brands like Patagonia, Marmot, Dakine, and many others. For the child who does it all, try the Deuter Ultra Bike Kids Hydration System Backpack with safety light. This pack is so versatile and cool that your ripper will want it on all his conquests. Make sure you purchase the insulation sleeve for use in cold weather. MSRP $50.00
10. You can't go wrong with Spyder. Their gear is always reliable, functional, and stylish and always the first to sell. The Men's First Chair Down Jacket takes puffy to a new level. Comfortable and soft as well as warm, this jacket is well made and the cut won't make your man feel like the Pillsbury Doughboy. He may just miss the first chair when because he couldn't stop checking himself out in the mirror. We like this in blue. MSRP $278.95
11. Here's a new, innovative line called Stoic. Girls will enjoy receiving the Luft Down Sweater on Christmas morning. More of a jacket than a sweater, this cute coat will keep you warm long after you have escaped from your heavy wet gear. Super light and cozy you can squash this up into a ball and take it everywhere. MSRP $179.00
12. Winter enthusiasts who really like to have fun and get out into the great outdoors will need a pack that is as tough and varsatile as they are. Osprey is the master of specialized packs and bags. The Kode 30 is no exception. If you need a pack to get you to the top of any mountain or to the backcountry kicker that has your name on it, this legit bag is all you need. Ergonomical and lightweight with compartments and room for everything from your skis to your shovels to your PB&J, this pack was specifically designed for the snow adventurer. MSRP $138.95
Planning a holiday ski or snowboard trip? You may also be interested in the stories by our editors around the globe about special events, package deals, visits by Santa Claus, and New year's Eve revelry. Just check out OnTheSnow's 2010 Holiday Guide.