Located at the heart of Belledonne mountain range in the Isère department of France, the ski resort of Les 7 Laux, can be broken down into three separate areas:
-To the east, Le Pleynet (1450 m), a big mountain resort that overlooks the Breda valley surrounded by the chiseled peaks of the Belle Etoile and the Cabottes.
-To the west, Prapoutel (1350 m), the urban hub of the 7 Laux ski area where you can find all of the urban amenities (cinema, disco ...), and finally Pipay (1550 m), the well preserved village in the middle of nature, overlooking the Grésivaudan Valley.
Just a little warning, it takes about an hour to drive between Prapoutel and Pleynet (through Allevard).
On the skiing side of things the 7 Laux ski area is particular because it has almost entirely been renovated over the course of the last few years. Indeed, in 10 years, 90% of the 7 Laux ski lifts have been changed, updated and modernised and the ski runs remapped.
For the ‘Nu-Skool’ generation, the resort of 7 Laux is a must-stop thanks to its renowned snow park ‘HO5’ which is constantly changing in order to keep up with the changing fashions and progression of skiing and snowboarding. It is also easily accessible thanks to its dedicated lift. There are three different areas available for you to try your hand at:
- Ice-racing: try your hand at racing your friends on a specially built race course similar to a boarder cross track.
- The Wolves Run: The rail park, learn how to freestyle on the mix of artificial and natural rails.
- The Pro Park: Huge features within the pro level snow park. It’s ever increasingly innovative and creative and it’s the choice training ground for many European pro riders, a guaranteed show!
If you wish to cross country ski in 7 Laux, there are three different areas on offer:
- 8 Km of tracks in Pleynet (1950 m) which are accessible with the Pincerie chairlift.
- 50 Km of classic cross country tracks and ice skating are on offer in the Nordic area in Barioz (access via the Col du Barioz).
- 16 Km of tracks in Prapoutel (1350 to 1500 m): a small yet charming area which has a moderate to easy terrain, challenging those who are just starting out.
Once the 7 Laux ski lifts and the ski area are closed, there are many fun and interesting activities to occupy yourself with: snowshoeing or dog sledding, paragliding, micro light flights, ice skating and a wellness centre (swimming pool, spa, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, solarium, lounge bar, rituals and care wellness).
For those who like a late night there is a nightclub “The Gambade”, a cinema and a dozen bars and restaurants.
For child care, no worries, the resort of Les 7 Laux has it all planned out:
- The daycare "La Farandole" (Prapoutel)
- The daycare "The Ribambelle" (Pleynet)
Both cater for children from 18 months to 6 years old and are open 7 days a week throughout the winter.