Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We have been proud to provide you with free access to snow reports, resort guides and more, and we are beyond grateful for your readership and contributions to our community over the years.

Unfortunately given the changing media landscape, Mountain News Corporation has experienced financial declines in recent years. With additional economic challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic now facing our business, it is not financially viable to continue operating.

Mountain News Corporation and our OnTheSnow and Skiinfo websites will be shutting down. We will explore the possibility of selling, partnering, or contributing assets to another media outlet if there is an opportunity to allow for a consistent or enhanced online experience. For inquiries about Mountain News Corporation, please email Feedback_OTS@mountainnews.com.

We want to thank our loyal employees for their tireless work over the years to bring great information to all of you. We take comfort knowing that our collective passion for the sport of skiing and snowboarding will certainly live on.

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation

UK
Compare
Favourites

Related Regions: Minnesota, United States, North America

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Wild Mountain Ski & Snowboard Area

Planning a ski trip to Wild Mountain Ski & Snowboard Area? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Wild Mountain Ski & Snowboard Area stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Wild Mountain Ski & Snowboard Area review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: Chris Jones - 17th February 2020

• Nightlife
  • Terrain Park
  • Value
Less crowded
Horrible customer service, icy hills, run down chalet

Full review

I skied here growing up for 10+ years and loved it! I was so excited to bring my own kid here to learn to ski. I signed him up for a one hour lesson so I could go ski some black diamonds without him. Well despite doing my best to communicate again and again with their ski school department it was just a horrible experience. I was told the instructor would be out on the hill soon. After 10 minutes I went back in to check and they said oh they are running late. Ok fine whatever. Lesson finally started 25 minutes late. My son has skied before so I wanted them to get up on the chairlift and do a longer run. I also asked about pickup time and said “so the lesson is an hour right?” The instructor was like well no because I have another class at the top of the hour. Whatever I’ve already wasted too much time so I went and skied three hills and came back and got him. No one was at the ski school desk and the other employees couldn’t help me onsite. I wanted a refund or another lesson at least. So I emailed when I got home and they never responded. They just clearly don’t care.

Displaying 1 - 6 of 25 Reviews

1|2|3|4|5

Displaying 1 - 6 of 25 Reviews

1|2|3|4|5

Rate This Resort

Share your experience at this resort to help other skiers.

• Family Friendly
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Expert

Select Your Overall Rating:

Snow report and powder alarms!

By subscribing you agree to our terms and conditions

NOTE: If you represent the management of this property and would like to respond to a review, please use the management response form.

Latest News

The Ski Season is Underway in the Midwest

The Midwest ski season is underway. Wild Mountain, near the Twin Cities, has opened, and Ski Brule, in Michigan's U...

Going Green Is Nothing New For Wild Mountain

Going green is nothing new to Wild Mountain. It's something they have been practicing since the early 1980s in all...

St. Paul Winter Carnival To Celebrate 125 Years Jan. 27-Feb. 6; Oldest In Nation

The oldest winter carnival in the nation takes place in St. Paul in early February. Check out the activities if yo...

Major Winter Storm Hits Upper Midwest With Snow, Cold

A major winter storm is driving blizzard conditions across the upper Midwest and the Great Lakes.

Piste Map

Gallery: Wild Mountain Ski & Snowboard Area

Get More From OnTheSnow

Get snow reports, weather, forecasts, news and ski conditions for your favourite ski resorts.

Ski and snowboard enthusiasts from around the world:

We’ll see you on the mountain.

– Mountain News Corporation