UK
Compare
Favourites

Related Regions: Oregon, United States, North America

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Hoodoo Ski Area

Planning a ski trip to Hoodoo Ski Area? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Hoodoo Ski Area stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Hoodoo Ski Area review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: Clay Herzog - 19th March 2021

• 5Family Friendly
  • Nightlife
  • Terrain Park
  • 5Value
Value, Advanced Terrain, Minimal base "runout"
Limited North-Facing Exposure.

Full review

I skied Hoodoo on a bluebird spring-like day in the 3rd week of March 2021, after having skied Mount Bachelor the four prior days. Having driven by Hoodoo on my way to Bend, and being an advanced skier, I had very low expectations for the mountain, and only went there because I was introducing two young lads to skiing and thought I would be on the easy-rider lift with them most of the day. Fortunately for me, my pupils for the day took to skiing like ducks to water, and after two hours with them I was able to explore the rest of the mountian (except the NW facing terrain under the Hodag chair, which wasn't running that Friday). I'm a life long skier and my favorite flavor is "steep & deep," but when I can't find that I'll take steep and skiable. So here is the big surprise about Hoodoo, Hoodoo has plenty of steep for a small mountain! In fact, if you are an advanced skier, it has plenty to keep you smiling and returning day after day. I would actually argue that this is perhaps the best 1000' vertical mountain I have skied in the US, and as someone who currently lives in the mid-Atlantic (sad, I know) I've skied a lot of small mountains. My first run off the top of the mountain came down somewhere between Crater and the face, which is a huge wide-open above timberline-like area that is largely east-facing. It is reasonably steep and fantastic, you could ski just in that area all day long and be happy I am sure. Hoodoo's trail map doesn't show this well, by the way. Look at the mountain from Google maps or do a map image search. This small mountain has 360 degree skiing! Check it out, I think you'll like it. I know I will be coming back.

Displaying 1 - 6 of 31 Reviews

1|2|3|4|5

Displaying 1 - 6 of 31 Reviews

1|2|3|4|5

Rate This Resort

Share your experience at this resort to help other skiers.

• Family Friendly
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Expert

Select Your Overall Rating:

Snow report and powder alarms!

By subscribing you agree to our terms and conditions

NOTE: If you represent the management of this property and would like to respond to a review, please use the management response form.