The charming little ski town of La Norma in the heart of the Savoyard French Alps is located at 1350 metres in altitude, on a vast tree covered plateau which leads to the Vanoise mountain range and further on, the upper valley of the Arc (in the Maurienne region).
Dominated by the peak of the Norma Mountain (2917 m), the ski area covers 700 hectares, stretching from 1350 to 2750 metres. The ski area has 65 km of ski runs.
Thanks to its north-west exposure, the La Norma ski area receives a good quality of snow throughout the winter (the sun is limited in December, but by mid-January, the sun becomes abundant). La Norma is a great place to practice all your favourite winter sports, snowboarding, ski blading, skwal, telemarking and classic skiing to name all but a few. The La Norma ski area is a winter wonderland, welcoming all who wish to discover the pleasures of life in the snowy mountains. In addition to the ski area there is also a slalom, a dedicated free riding area, two snow parks, a toboggan run, floodlit night skiing and a snow garden for the kids (ESF).
For those less enthusiastic about sport, the resort of La Norma offers a multitude of enjoyable activities. Make the most out of your stay and discover all the charms of the mountain in winter: snowshoeing or dog sledding, baroque churches visits, visit the villages of the Haute Maurienne area, ice climbing or a trip to the Aquazen wellness centre (600m ² with sauna, Jacuzzi, Hammam, body treatments, squash court and a gym)
For those who want to really relax and do nothing, the fantastic views over the Vanoise region from the terraces of mountain restaurants (accessible to pedestrians from the chairlift or gondola) are unforgettable!
Whilst you’re out enjoying yourself, you can leave your children:
- In the Day-care "Les Lutins (The Fairies)" which welcomes children from 3 months to 4 years old during the school holidays and from 3 months to 3 years outside of school holidays.
- At the kids club "les Diablotins (the Devils)" accepts children from 5 to 12 years old during school holidays and from 4 to 12 years old outside of the school holidays
Crafts, sports, walks and themed fun weeks keep the children entertained. It’s an opportunity for children to discover new games and also to make new friends.
All the accommodation in La Norma is next to the slopes so there is no need to take your car. If the streets are covered in snow you can simply jump on your skis and ski to the nearby ski lifts.
Finally you'll find everything you might need in La Norma: movies, wifi, laundry services, restaurants, bars, newsagents, sports shops, a medical office, ATM, pubs, night clubs and a taxi service.
Extra benefits to La Norma:
- Family orientated ski resort (Certified Family plus Mountain)
- Pedestrianized and very easy to access. Only 10 minutes from the train station and very close to the A43 motorway.
- Free underground parking, *** accommodation.
- All the apartments are located close to all services and of cause, the ski slopes.
- Wi-Fi Coverage = 80%.