The Savoyard ski resort of Les Karellis right in the middle of the Maurienne Valley is a winter sports hotspot which prides itself on its easy access and a well laid out village that doesn't require a car to get around.
Visitors shouldn't hesitate to take a train to Saint Jean de Maurienne and connect to Les Karellis by either the regular shuttle buses or by taxi. On arrival in resort the various holiday villages and hotels are well sign posted and easy to find.
For overall convenience each one of the residences in Les Karellis are located at bottom of the ski slopes.
For skiers the Les Karellis ski area faces north/north east and guarantees quality snow from early December to late April. There are 60 km of marked ski runs stretching from 1600 to 2520 metres in altitude, a snowpark, a bordercross course and a snow garden for the kids.
For Nordic skiers, Les Karellis has marked ski trails for all abilities and fitness levels. There is 30 kilometres of freely accessible cross country skiing around the Pramol Lake or through the village of Albanne.
In terms of other winter sports and other activities:
- The Les Karellis ski resort has the Karellis toboggan run 100m under the heated "Vinouve" chairlift.
- Visitors can discover the surrounding mountains on the Karel'Scoot which is an original sort of collective transport, a sort of little snow train pulled by a snowmobile.
For those who aren't interested in slip-sliding around the resort on skis, pedestrians can still take two chair lifts, allowing easy access to the stunning scenery surrounding the village.
- Take the "Vinouve" or "Plan du Four" chairlifts from the bottom of the slopes
- Access 10 Km of walking paths either on snowshoes or with normal, warm winter footwear.
As for accommodation, the Les Karellis resort is made up of seven different holiday villages which are all located close to or next to the ski slopes and several different ski lifts. You can expect to enjoy an attractive package holiday, in practical apartment accommodation either full board, half board or self-catering. Frequently the holiday packages include ski rental and lift passes in the price, simply return all the gear as you check out of your accommodation at the end of the trip. There is a range of entertainment, child care, kid's clubs and teen's clubs in every one of the holiday villages.
Les Karellis strives to accommodate the needs of families with children. Within the holiday villages the day-care centres and clubs welcome babies and children from 3 months upwards. As the resort holds the French “Family Plus Mountain” certificate, families can rest assured that the team will go out of their way in order to guarantee a memorable holiday.
- From 3 months: The Les Karellis Baby Club takes care of your little ones.
- From 3 years: The Kid's Club keeps the little rascals entertained.
- From 11 years: The Teen's Club offers a range of activities keeping young skiers stay out of trouble!