UK
Compare
Favourites

Related Regions: Sweden, Vasterbottens län, Europe, Europe Overall, Västerbotten

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Hemavan

Planning a ski trip to Hemavan? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Hemavan stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Hemavan review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: pmartino - 4th February 2008

• 2Nightlife
  • 1Terrain Park
  • Value

Full review

Hemavan is a GEM! I flew right into the ski resort on Skyways from Arlanda which was fantastic! The bus took me right up to the Hemavan hotel, I walked with my luggage to some large dome where I changed over, rented ski's bought my lift card, and was on the slopes about an hour after landing. I instantly took the t-bar up to the 4000 foot summit and began about a 2 1/2 mile double black, blue, green trail down to the base! Incredible. This place is not an Aspen or Vail where there is a little something for everyone. This is a quality ski disipline resort where all forms of skiing take place. Telemark skiing was really popular. Try the hele-skiing! To perfect for words. The snow was excellent. The layout was well marked. The only negative was that the T-bars were a little slow. Otherwise, for those of you seeking a nice vacation in the laplands of Sweden, this resort is good for 2 days, take the bus to Mo I Rana, get on the night train to Trondheim and get on the ski train to Are Sweden!

• pmartino (4th February 2008)

Rate This Resort

Share your experience at this resort to help other skiers.

• Family Friendly
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Expert

Select Your Overall Rating:

Snow report and powder alarms!

By subscribing you agree to our terms and conditions

NOTE: If you represent the management of this property and would like to respond to a review, please use the management response form.

Piste Map

Get More From OnTheSnow

Get snow reports, weather, forecasts, news and ski conditions for your favourite ski resorts.