UK
Compare
Favourites

Related Regions: Andorra, Europe, Europe Overall

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Vallnord / Arcalís

Planning a ski trip to Vallnord / Arcalís? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Vallnord / Arcalís stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Vallnord / Arcalís review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: Dee Bretnall - 17th December 2015

• 5Value
Price, snow reliability
need a car

Full review

I lived in Andorra some 20 years ago now (in my 20's!!). I now go every year with my teenage sons who, having skied France and Switzerland, prefer Andorra hands down every time. Arcalis is the best resort - you will always have snow there, over the 'north side'. this year the World Freeride Championships were held there..... Goes to show.... If you're an advanced skier - be prepared to ski off-piste or you'll get bored (try the Freeride course.....!!). Some awesome off-piste skiing - helicopters always on hand to air lift you... Good to see that, nowadays, some of our old favourite off-piste routes (of 20 years ago) are now pistes!! I was in a TV commercial filmed there in 1991 for Spanish TV. We shot it in late April - masses of snow and blue skies. It was awesome. The resort has improved significantly - gone are the two man oh-so-very slow chair lifts, to be replaced with 6 man high speed lifts. You won't need to queue. Yes, you need a car to get there (unless you've got a Vallnord lift pass then you can get the ski bus for free but you are, clearly, restricted timewise). Stay in Arinsal for nightlife - the best in Andorra - DJ's from Ibiza come to do guest slots in the winter... very much a young person's place. My sons love it!! I'm hanging onto my youth!! And price. I paid £60 this year for a Vallnord pass which covered Pal, Arinsal (which are both linked) and Arcalis. The year before I paid 300Eur for a Swiss resort.... Apres ski, you won't be ripped off either. Arcalis holds a 'fun' day on a Friday - free vino caliente for the adults and hot choc for the kids. Ski Bars offer all drinks for one Euro (alcoholic included) and free toasties for each drink. The sun always shines in Andorra - if it's snowing, wait a while and the sun will come out. a very happy positive and very pretty resort. I am still going 25 years on.....!!

• rphumphreys (23rd March 2018)

Just spent a great week in Arinsal. Although my wife and I have ski'ed before we havent been for 10 years so...

• Dee Bretnall (17th December 2015)

• Giles (30th January 2013)

This is my second review of Ordino-Arcalís(as I can't edit the first) and I felt driven to write a follow-up to express...

• Giles (7th February 2011)

Arcalís, is, at this point, my favorite resort in Andorra. It's a bit distant from ANYTHING, but we suffer for those we...

• anonymous_user (3rd February 2007)

Brillient family skiing including off piste. Recommended. Not over subscribed and often quiet in the week, getting busier at the weekend. Ski...

Rate This Resort

Share your experience at this resort to help other skiers.

• Family Friendly
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Expert

Select Your Overall Rating:

Snow report and powder alarms!

By subscribing you agree to our terms and conditions

NOTE: If you represent the management of this property and would like to respond to a review, please use the management response form.