UK
Compare
Favourites

Related Regions: Via Lattea, Italy, Torino, Europe, Piemonte, Europe Overall, La Voie Lactée

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Sestrière

Planning a ski trip to Sestrière? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Sestrière stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Sestrière review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: Clark - 6th September 2010

• 5Family Friendly
  • 2Nightlife
  • Terrain Park
  • Value
Lots of intermediate runs, area access
Piste conditions during afternoon

Full review

Went as a party of 4, two beginners (including me), one intermediate and one expert (my partner). We stayed at the Olympic village - basic accomodation, however clean and had a lovely balcony view. We went for the Easter holidays, and as a result in the afternoon the temperature was very hot for skiing, and the pistes got all slushy. Would not recommend going at this time of the year again, as the afternoon held little enjoyment. This is not really an area for beginners, as there are lots of red runs and hardly any greens - with some of the reds being as steep as the black runs. I thoroughly enjoyed it and even though I was a beginner on holiday, I tried all of the runs, however my friend who was also a beginner but less of a maniac, than me didn't enjoy it. I would recommend it for intermediate / expert skiiers, who aren't looking for a good nightlife as well. The best feature was the area lift pass, which meant other resorts could be accessed. (Try the olympic black runs, especially from the starter hut lol)

Displaying 1 - 6 of 9 Reviews

1|2
  • Tom Holt (11th March 2019)

I just spent a week at Sestriere throughout the entire week my party were not particularly pleased with the resort and all...

• Alex Turner (25th February 2019)

Half term overcrowded especially on Saturday. Lift pass is ridiculously expensive for outdated antiquated chairs. Two didn't run in entire week. Lift...

• mentalbadger (1st February 2017)

Visited Sestriere in 2015 as a group of 3 males. Cheap food and drink with easy access to the piste from the...

• nortonbetts123 (23rd December 2014)

great mountain skiing in general is great not good for beginners tho but amazing for intermediate

• Clark (6th September 2010)

• towerman14 (27th January 2010)

The closure of the lift from Borgata to Sauze means that all skiers have to use the Fraiteve lift to accsess Sauze,...

Displaying 1 - 6 of 9 Reviews

1|2

Rate This Resort

Share your experience at this resort to help other skiers.

• Family Friendly
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Expert

Select Your Overall Rating:

Snow report and powder alarms!

By subscribing you agree to our terms and conditions

NOTE: If you represent the management of this property and would like to respond to a review, please use the management response form.