UK
Compare
Favourites

Related Regions: Via Lattea, Italy, Torino, Europe, Piemonte, Europe Overall, La Voie Lactée

Skier & Snowboarder-Submitted Reviews for Sestrière

Planning a ski trip to Sestrière? Browse our collection of visitor-generated reviews that rank the mountain and ski town on a scale of one to five stars in the following categories: Overall Rating, All-Mountain Terrain, Nightlife, Terrain Park and Family Friendly. See how Sestrière stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. Don't forget to submit your own Sestrière review! Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski area experience.

by: Tom Holt - 11th March 2019

• 1Value
Ability to go elsewhere in the Milky Way also Hotel du Col and Pinky Bar
Tired resort

Full review

I just spent a week at Sestriere throughout the entire week my party were not particularly pleased with the resort and all of us agreed we wouldn’t return. In this review I have compared it to Montgenèvre which is the French part of the Milky Way Valley. First of all the good things: Pinky Bar and Hotel du Col were incredibly friendly as were most restaurants and bars in the town. In your lift pass a day’s skiing in Montgenèvre was included and we found the skiing really good there. The reps from Crystal were also very friendly. The slopes when open in Sestriere provide a good array of beginner and challenging slopes with some fantastic long reds with beautiful scenery. The negatives: the resort was partially closed we believe due to ‘winds’ this was not well explained which concentrated a lot of people into a small area. Whilst I firmly believe skiing should be for everyone I disagree with arrogance. The local ski school and race squad contained a lot of children who were being ‘supervised,’ by instructors who regularly cut you up on runs, pushed past you in the queue and on four occasions that I saw were texting whilst skiing red and blue runs. The food on the slopes was a joke with food often overpriced and on one occasion staff very rude. Now I understand that there are challenges involved in getting food up a hill but Montgenèvre was able to do it for a lesser price and higher quality. For anyone considering going to Sestriere I would recommend Montgenèvre over it as the runs seemed to be all open when Sestriere wasn’t. The runs were slightly more interesting and the food on the slopes is better.

Displaying 1 - 6 of 9 Reviews

1|2
  • Tom Holt (11th March 2019)

• Alex Turner (25th February 2019)

Half term overcrowded especially on Saturday. Lift pass is ridiculously expensive for outdated antiquated chairs. Two didn't run in entire week. Lift...

• mentalbadger (1st February 2017)

Visited Sestriere in 2015 as a group of 3 males. Cheap food and drink with easy access to the piste from the...

• nortonbetts123 (23rd December 2014)

great mountain skiing in general is great not good for beginners tho but amazing for intermediate

• Clark (6th September 2010)

Went as a party of 4, two beginners (including me), one intermediate and one expert (my partner). We stayed at the Olympic...

• towerman14 (27th January 2010)

The closure of the lift from Borgata to Sauze means that all skiers have to use the Fraiteve lift to accsess Sauze,...

Displaying 1 - 6 of 9 Reviews

1|2

Rate This Resort

Share your experience at this resort to help other skiers.

• Family Friendly
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Expert

Select Your Overall Rating:

Snow report and powder alarms!

By subscribing you agree to our terms and conditions

NOTE: If you represent the management of this property and would like to respond to a review, please use the management response form.